– Nearly 1 in 4 children are on digital devices 3 or more hours per day
– Just over one in 5 parents are concerned about the harmful impact on their developing eyes-
– And nearly 1 in 3 parents who are concerned do NOT limit time on devices
Here is what you need to know*:
– School text books are rapidly moving to tablets
– 72.5% of adults are unaware of the potential dangers of blue light to the eyes
– 61% of adults experience eye strain due to prolonged use of electronic devices
– 2 in 5 Millennials spends at least 9 hours per day on digital devices.
Today’s gadgets and devices are placing demands on your young patients’ eyes which they are not equipped to handle. The benefits of technology have a downside, especially eye fatigue brought on by stress to the accommodative system. This stress leads to headaches, blurred vision and other related chronic discomfort.